Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Learn to Skate Program

The River City Racers club is offering a learn to skate program through the City of Kamloops this year. It is an 8 week session that begins this Thursday October 23 at the Interior Savings Centre arena. Another 8 week session will be offered in January/February 2009.

Our first session on Thursday (4:30 – 5:30 ) is full (30 skaters). There is still space in our second session (5:30 – 6:30). Registration # for this course is 115333. All skaters are invited to participate in our first club mini meet.

Here is the description from the Activity Guide:
A learn to skate program for the beginner skater. Focus will be on fundamental movement skills on skates, i.e. balance, skating stride (push and glide), stopping, starting, corner cross overs, and agility. Skills taught through games. For more information, please see www.speedskatingkamloops.ca or call Cathy at 250-374-5430. Cathy is the head coach for the River City Racers Speed Skating Club, a former world speed skating champion and world record holder, and a four-year member of the National Team.

1 comment:

  1. Hello !!!

    I'm Natali, from Brasil !
    sorry about my english. I hope you understand me.

    I saw your blog and I'd see that you live at British Columbia.

    I lived in Vancouver at 2005 - 2006. I loved !!! And I adore Canada !!!!

    see you !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments?